The keynote address and follow-up session recordings are now available! Visit the Recorded Sessions link to view!
“The Learning Commons Experience” session scheduled from 3:30-5:00 p.m. in M124 (Main Level) has been moved to U234 (Upper Level). Thank you for your understanding.
(1/8/20) From HR
Awards Showcase Reminder:
This is a reminder that nominations are being accepted for those employees who are truly supporting the values and mission of the College. The categories are as follows:
- Giving Star Award: Awarded to the individual who, through substantial donation of time and/or resources, has contributed in a meaningful and positive way to the College so as to support the College’s vision along with student success and/or the strategic plan.
- Eclipse Award: Awarded to the individual who demonstrates a commitment to providing a safe environment for our students, employees, and the public that has a great impact for many or all at the College. May be related to the physical environment or data security and be an act that is greater than what a simply conscientious person might do.
- Aurora Award: Awarded to the employee who demonstrates outstanding best practices and a commitment to diversity which has resulted in the enrichment of the learning or work environment during the fiscal year. He/she promotes a campus environment that is welcoming, supportive, and nurturing of cultural, ethnic, racial, class, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, and all other human differences.
- Rising Star Award: Awarded to the employee who was hired new to LCC since January 1, 2017, and has demonstrated exemplary performance during his/her period of employment. This employee possesses great work habits, knowledge of work, quality and quantity of work, judgment, initiative, adaptability, and reliability.
- Rockstar Award: Awarded to the student employee who has demonstrated continued exemplary performance during his/her period of employment. This is a reliable employee who possesses great work habits, knowledge of work, quality and quantity of work, judgment, initiative, and adaptability.
- Superstar Award: Awarded to the Facilities Maintenance or Public Safety individual who consistently goes above and beyond without failure. This employee fills in when and wherever needed, performs job duties at a high level, takes initiative to solve problems and improves work situations without being prompted; demonstrates reliability, perseverance, and focus on results; and/or helps others by sharing knowledge of the College’s practices and resources or job-related skills.
- Shining Star Award: Awarded to the full-time or part-time employee in a support role whose commitment to the values and goals of the College improves the learning and working environment. This employee consistently and clearly surpasses performance requirements of the position and exhibits a high level of engagement and cooperation in working with students and/or other employees while taking initiative to create a positive work environment which enhances the image of the Department and College.
- Galaxy Award: Awarded to the Administrator who leads others with honesty, openness, and compassion. This employee develops trust and credibility through open, respectful communication and personal accountability while providing a sense of purpose, vision and mission for all areas of oversight; positively influences others to build consensus in a group, department, and/or College setting; manages and/or champions change effectively through formal and informal leadership; and helps others develop by investing time and effort in coaching and/or mentoring.
- Provost’s Academic Professional Award: Awarded to the academic professional whose distinguished and lasting service to the College is consistent with its mission, vision, and strategic plan. This employee will exemplify a demonstrated track record of breaking down barriers, supporting student growth, and of participation in activities that support student success, retention, and an enhanced learning environment. Academic Professionals include:
- Lab Instructors
- Lab Assistants
- Supplemental Instruction Leaders
- Professional Tutors
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Academic Advisors
- Teaching Clinicians
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Provost’s Teaching Faculty Award: Awarded to the teaching faculty whose distinguished and lasting service to the College is consistent with its mission, vision, and strategic plan. This employee will exemplify a demonstrated track record of classroom management, innovative and effective teaching practices, and of participation in activities that support student success, retention, and an enhanced learning environment.
- President’s Award: Awarded to the employee whose accomplishments have a significant impact on the College’s pursuit of excellence in achieving its mission and strategic goals. This employee’s accomplishments will outlive their tenure and will be a lasting example who participates on committees and/or mentors others, serves as a role model, uses originality and creativity to enthusiastically and collaboratively develop strategies that enhance his/her department; and supports the College’s goals by improving and/or modernizing current practices.
Nominations will be open through February 25th and can be submitted at internal.lcc.edu/experience/showcase
Campus mail delivery address – Remove Mail Code
- HR has been working diligently with mail, shipping & receiving services and college partners update all faculty and staff campus addresses:
- remove the mail code
- display the current USPS postal address
- Introduce a second campus address for office location, titled Campus – Office location (for internal purposes only)
- See this week’s STAR communication for more information
Have you used the Employee Dashboard yet?
- HR launched the Employee Dashboard in 2015 to provide a mobile friendly and more intuitive application to view your self-service information.
- The following slide shows how to access it. If you have not used it yet, we encourage you to give it a try.
(12/17/19) Adjuncts approved to attend PA Days
A note from LCC’s Provost, Dr. Sally Welch:
“Please know that we value all faculty at LCC and try to do the best we can to support faculty inside and outside of the classroom. In a discussion with the union representatives, we have determined that adjuncts can be paid for both days of the January Professional Activities Days. However, if an adjunct wishes to attend they must get preapproval from their Associate Dean or Director. To get an accurate count to ensure we have enough food for the event, we ask that adjuncts please request approval by the close of business on January 2nd.”