Learning Commons Remote Tutoring and Writing Studio
Email: email@example.com Phone: (517) 483-1206
The Learning Commons is open and working remotely to offer academic support and learning assistance for most LCC courses.
- Learning Commons has 84 of our 89 faculty Professional Tutors working remotely.
- Learning Commons is offering live online tutoring during our regular hours of operation:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Fridays: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tutoring Appointment Request Form: https://internal.lcc.edu/tutorial/tutoring_request_form/form.html
Tutoring appointments with faculty Professional Tutors are available for most LCC courses.
- 50-minutes sessions primarily conducted remotely online in WebEx.
- Writing Studio tutoring appointments with faculty Professional Tutors.
- 50-minute sessions facilitated remotely online through D2L chat.
- Students have different levels of need, as well as connectivity to internet and technology.
- Faculty Professional Tutors and Learning Assistants are reaching out to students they have worked with previously by email and by phone.
- Encourage students to attend class and use the Learning Commons Tutoring and Writing Assistance to support them for their academic success.
- We are willing to work with them synchronously and asynchronous as needed. This includes WebEx, D2L, phone, and/or email.
- Learning Commons is working with other support services to assist students as needed.
- Embedded Academic Support:
- MATH: 106, 097 & 098 continues remotely with six Professional Tutors in ten course sections
- Learning Commons has 51 Learning Assistants (LAs are Peer Tutor – Student Employees) that are embedded in 81 course sections. LAs are working remotely with teaching faculty in class, as well as facilitating group and individual tutoring sessions for students in the D2L course site and by WebEx.
- Continued support for students enrolled in ESOL courses.
- Faculty can request a Professional Tutor be embedded in their D2L course sites to connect students directly to academic support. Email the Learning Commons at:
- MATH Exam Prep-Parties for MATH: 121; 122; 141; 151; 152; 253
- Ali Ghorbanpour is the Lead Faculty Tutor working with the Math teaching faculty to revise the weekly schedules to match any changes to their course exam schedules.
- MATH Exam Prep-Parties will be facilitated remotely online using WebEx.
- Update can be found at: https://internal.lcc.edu/tutorial/math-exam-prep-parties.aspx]
- Brainfuse is available 24/7, however recommending Brainfuse as an after-hours option only.
- Please encourage students to contact the Learning Commons for tutoring.